Paradise on E - Worlds Co Paradise on E - Worlds Co

I LOVE THIS!

I've listened to the original Paradise on E back in 2007, and had it stored on my iPod. I absolutely loved it even then, and I tried to find every remix I could! It was just something I identified with, and always loved it...and now I hear this one. You did it true justice, and the fact that B0UNC3 helped you with it makes it all the better! I've loved a lot of the things B0UNC3 put up, and it gave me the energy to just get through the day. This song in particular is one I feel will not just be on my iPod, but on my PSP (and I only have 2 GB on that currently ;P)

You, sir, are talented! 10/10 and 5/5. You're also on my favorite artist's list.

Chronamut responds:

well.. he didn't really help me with it - the fact that his original melodies were combined into it by me was his "contribution" :P

thanks for the review!

-shawn-

Kw- Omniplexius (Full Mix) Kw- Omniplexius (Full Mix)

I have only one complaint...

I don't think this belongs in Ambiance...It seems a little too "peppy" for Ambiance, since normally that category is used for things that are relaxing and meditative. More or less background music. However, other than that, I think this track is amazing! It sounds like you put a lot of effort into it and, while it seems like it could be Ambiance if you made it sound less "skippy" on one of the specific sounds, imo it currently sounds like it should be under Trance. I do like it a lot, it definitely is something I'll be listening to for a long time, but I just felt I had to put in my two cents.

Oh, and I love the style of this! ^.=.^

Kaizerwolf responds:

Meh, it's a very electronic ambient, Plaid, Arovane, etc. This is what the song is mainly inspired from. :P

But thanks for the love all the same. <3

Metroid - Nightmare's Theme V2 Metroid - Nightmare's Theme V2

Something is missing...

I think you're missing some precussion, and maybe something else to go along with the main part of the track. It seems to lack depth, which can be a bit distracting to someone that wants to use it in a game like Metroid Fusion, because while it should be able to go in the background, it shouldn't be part of the background to the point it blends. Imo, most music that is used for a boss tends to be DnB. This sounds more Ambient, but I'm not saying that's bad. But for a boss like Nightmare, it didn't simply lie in wait just to drain all of Samus' power. It would attack her and switch the Gravity Generator on so it was harder for her to retaliate. Granted, it's not as kill-happy as the SA-X, but it still did some dirty work (unlike a certain vine with the Plasma Beam).

If none of this is making sense, just think of it this way: for a boss like Nightmare, you need to make it feel like the boss is trying to drain you internally, not just externally. This track blends so well with the background it actually sounds peaceful. You don't want peaceful. Bosses are not peaceful, they hit you harder than other enemies after all. It's just missing a certain "air" of darkness, if you will. It needs more depth, which is a goal of most boss tracks. Basically, the track, since most people don't know about how a boss lives, the music helps subtly tell of it. For SA-X, it simply walked during the calming music, but if Samus was ever spotted, the mood changed entirely, and it chased after her very quickly. The music told that story very well: get in my way and you'll perish. Try figuring out Nightmare's mode of destruction, and you'll be able to put that into words, and from there, into music.

If this doesn't help, I'm sorry...I'm a writer by heart. It's just kinda hard for me to be simplistic ^.=.^;

Metroid 3 - Brinstar Metroid 3 - Brinstar

You combined two great styles!

Yes, that's what it sounds like to me. You took the main style of Super Metroid, and brightened it with Megaman. It's almost like a mash-up, except nothing actually from the latter, just the sounds and that's it. What I'm trying to say is that it sounds like the original, but expanded in a much different manner. I absolutely enjoy this, and it's going on my iPod ;P

Flames of Fortune-LowerNorfair Flames of Fortune-LowerNorfair

Not just a remix?

At first, I didn't know what to think, but I kept listening and saw that it was definitely not just a remix! You took the original, and came up with something that surpasses it. You have true talent and I love the arrangement of guitars! I also like the more sinister, "keep-out-of-sight" part as I like to think of it as, starting at 1:28. This is going on my iPod! ;P

MoNkEyBoY1993 responds:

Wow, i'm really glad you enjoyed this. To this day, this is STILL one of my favorite pieces :D

The Wildlife of Brinstar The Wildlife of Brinstar

It reminds me so much of....

Well, you should know what I'm about to say. Obviously it reminds me of the original, but you added your own style to it. This is what a true cover should accomplish: First, rope people into the music by sounding familiar, yet mysterious; second part is to pour all of your heart and soul into something that, while it didn't start as yours in the beginning, you made it into your own piece. I love this, and I think this is quite possibly THE best cover of any Metroid theme I've ever heard.

I know it's been awhile since anyone wrote a review on this, but I felt I had to make myself heard. It's just that great a track!

Super Metroid Maridia Remix Super Metroid Maridia Remix

SPOILER: THERE'S A METROID IN THE SONG!

Truly beautiful and stunning! It fits Super Metroid very nicely, and it sounds like it could have been the original! I don't know if it would be that much like Ambiance, imo, but it definitely seems peaceful. It even has a tad of DnB. It's like a mix between Ambiance and DnB, not quite one, but not quite the other either. I am definitely keeping this on my iPod! ;P

Meta-Ridley Remix Meta-Ridley Remix

It is interesting...

I do like it, it's a great work, but there just seems something a little off about it. I agree with the person that responded before me about how it seems more like the Ridley-X theme from Metroid Fusion, and it even has more of a...less digital sound? Like it's not what you would expect in a 3D game. At least that's what it seems like to me.

I will say that it sounds very decent, it just doesn't seem like it fits the Metroid Prime style of music. I'm not saying it's bad, after all, it's very hard to make something sound like Ridley's Theme (I have tried on multiple occasions and I've just not had much experience making music). I just think it may have been mislabeled. But that doesn't really matter since the important thing is that it still fits as a theme of Ridley. I enjoyed it a lot!

Octavarium Octavarium

I would be that friend...

...and I truly am glad I did because it's such an amazing piece of work...I'm so amazed at how this actually turned out. I never thought something could be seen so beautifully from anything, to be honest. You do have true talent here, and I truly believe that this piece has the potential to be what can actually show everyone what you can do.

I know your dream of music, and I know just how good you are at making it. I hope to go very far in it, because I always want you to be happy. I've probably not said this to you before, so I'll go ahead and say it...You deserve to have your dream come true, dear brother. And if this helps you get there...then I am forever honored to help you.

5/5 and 10/10 rating. It is amazing. I'm not just saying that because I know you. I'm saying this as someone who has not heard something done in such a way before. I've listened to a LOT of trance tracks in my time. I've got a few favorites...I don't have them all marked on here because I didn 't have an account four years ago when I first started downloading them. However...that's just it. I got an account...and I was able to inspire you to get one. And if this helps fulfil your dream...then the feeling from that will make me very happy, because I know you will be happy.

I look forward to watching you grow, both as a true friend of mine, and as an artist. Congratulations on your first track submitted here...and I hope everything goes well, you know I do. *hugs tight*

Phaaze22 responds:

Thank you so much Sammo. I think I'm going to post all the tracks I do from now on onto here as well as deviantART. Who knows, maybe something will happen? ^_^

ParagonX9 - Chaoz Airflow ParagonX9 - Chaoz Airflow

Astonishing...

You're the very first artist I ever heard (back in like 2006) from here and I never created an account until now...But now I can't live without hearing at least one of your songs each day! You're a very powerful inspiration to artists everywhere, and you're definitely one of my favorites! Keep it up!