Animation Transformation Animation Transformation

This is true talent!

Anyone can draw a lot of designs of their own and implement them into their own style, but to duplicate multiple artists' styles and put them alongside your own...people may say it's not talent, but they need to realize that a lot of work goes into such duplication. Besides, it's not like you're actually plagiarizing. You are simply drawing yourself in their style, and that does take a lot of talent when you add in multiple styles together.

As a former artist, I can fully appreciate the raw talent that has gone into this, mainly because I never had much myself ;P however, I do have ideas that you might want to look into for a bit more challenging styles. For example, NeonDragon (Jessica Peffer) draws dragons in a unique artstyle, and she also draws other things that are more human...though I'd personally like to see you try and draw yourself as a dragon, it might be kinda cool! Then there's Thazumi, and his style is more simplistic than NeonDragon's, but it still looks quite elegant for the cartoon crowd. Lastly, I don't know if you could fully duplicate this one, since it is more between realistic and fantasy, but I'll try and see what you may like. Look up Ironshod. Her talents are definitely many, and she is one of the best fantasy artists I've ever seen. If you could pull off that style, I think a lot of people would be truly stunned!

If there are any you don't wish to do, I understand, but I do hope you give these full consideration. I give you 5/5 and 10/10 for success at captivating an audience and for genuine effort! I hope you keep up the excellent work!

Paradise on E - Worlds Co Paradise on E - Worlds Co

I LOVE THIS!

I've listened to the original Paradise on E back in 2007, and had it stored on my iPod. I absolutely loved it even then, and I tried to find every remix I could! It was just something I identified with, and always loved it...and now I hear this one. You did it true justice, and the fact that B0UNC3 helped you with it makes it all the better! I've loved a lot of the things B0UNC3 put up, and it gave me the energy to just get through the day. This song in particular is one I feel will not just be on my iPod, but on my PSP (and I only have 2 GB on that currently ;P)

You, sir, are talented! 10/10 and 5/5. You're also on my favorite artist's list.

Chronamut responds:

well.. he didn't really help me with it - the fact that his original melodies were combined into it by me was his "contribution" :P

thanks for the review!

-shawn-

Kw- Omniplexius (Full Mix) Kw- Omniplexius (Full Mix)

I have only one complaint...

I don't think this belongs in Ambiance...It seems a little too "peppy" for Ambiance, since normally that category is used for things that are relaxing and meditative. More or less background music. However, other than that, I think this track is amazing! It sounds like you put a lot of effort into it and, while it seems like it could be Ambiance if you made it sound less "skippy" on one of the specific sounds, imo it currently sounds like it should be under Trance. I do like it a lot, it definitely is something I'll be listening to for a long time, but I just felt I had to put in my two cents.

Oh, and I love the style of this! ^.=.^

Kaizerwolf responds:

Meh, it's a very electronic ambient, Plaid, Arovane, etc. This is what the song is mainly inspired from. :P

But thanks for the love all the same. <3

Metroid - Nightmare's Theme V2 Metroid - Nightmare's Theme V2

Something is missing...

I think you're missing some precussion, and maybe something else to go along with the main part of the track. It seems to lack depth, which can be a bit distracting to someone that wants to use it in a game like Metroid Fusion, because while it should be able to go in the background, it shouldn't be part of the background to the point it blends. Imo, most music that is used for a boss tends to be DnB. This sounds more Ambient, but I'm not saying that's bad. But for a boss like Nightmare, it didn't simply lie in wait just to drain all of Samus' power. It would attack her and switch the Gravity Generator on so it was harder for her to retaliate. Granted, it's not as kill-happy as the SA-X, but it still did some dirty work (unlike a certain vine with the Plasma Beam).

If none of this is making sense, just think of it this way: for a boss like Nightmare, you need to make it feel like the boss is trying to drain you internally, not just externally. This track blends so well with the background it actually sounds peaceful. You don't want peaceful. Bosses are not peaceful, they hit you harder than other enemies after all. It's just missing a certain "air" of darkness, if you will. It needs more depth, which is a goal of most boss tracks. Basically, the track, since most people don't know about how a boss lives, the music helps subtly tell of it. For SA-X, it simply walked during the calming music, but if Samus was ever spotted, the mood changed entirely, and it chased after her very quickly. The music told that story very well: get in my way and you'll perish. Try figuring out Nightmare's mode of destruction, and you'll be able to put that into words, and from there, into music.

If this doesn't help, I'm sorry...I'm a writer by heart. It's just kinda hard for me to be simplistic ^.=.^;